Affiliation: Department of Management and Law (DMD) - University of Tor Vergata
Other Affiliation: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 0672595821
Research Interests: Operations Management, Sourcing & Procurement, Innovation, International Management, Sustainability
My Name is Andrea Appolloni, I am Researcher and Member Faculty in Management at Tor Vergata University of Rome (Italy). In the same University I received my doctorate degree in Management, my degree in Economics and Management as well as a Master degree in Real Estate Management. At University of Macerata (Italy), I received a Master degree in International Business for China and Eastern Countries.
I am working in several research projects as a scientific member in Management Consulting, supply chain, Sustainability, International Business and Innovation. I am regularly present at international conferences and I teach undergraduate, postgraduate and executive Master level in a variety of subjects in Management. I have a recognized experience in teaching activates in several business schools and organizations in Italy and abroad, teaching in Italian, English and French. I am professor since 2012 in the course on Procurement Sourcing and Supply Chain Strategies in the Master of Science degree in Business Administration, in 2014 in the course on Innovation Management in the bachelor degree in management at Tor Vergata University of Rome.
I have a methodological approach oriented to an empirical and qualitative research. In particular I am interested in the use the Literature approach to explore the new phenomenon and trends for particular research issues. I am dedicated also in the use of the case studies research method to identify in depth a real picture of the companies and the regularities and connections that can be generalized between theories and practices.
I am a reviewer for several academic international journals related to the operations management area and I have more or less 60 research works as a journal articles, book chapters, research reports, conference/working papers and introduction of the books. During the last 5 years I have been a visiting scholars at the Demand Chain department, Cranfield University (UK), at the Supply Chain and Innovation department, Tianjin University (China), at the Industrial and Systems Engineering department, University of Tennessee in Knoxville (USA) and at the Management, Technology and Economics department, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH (CH) and at the Sino-America Global Logistics Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China).
I have worked with a number of companies in my professional activities, these include: CTS Voyages in Paris (France), Hertz rent a car in Dublin (Ireland) and Accenture, a global consulting company where I have carried out assignments in Italy and Turkey. From the 2009 I am research member of the Annual Italian Management Consulting Report, supported by ASSOCONSULT – The Italian Association of Consulting Enterprises (six reports produced) and from the 2014 of the Annual European Management Consulting Report supported by FEACO – The European Association of Consulting Enterprises. I am conference reviewer and track chair for the most important international academic network in management.
I am currently international expert evaluator of the European Commission in matters concerning Green, Sustainability and Internationalization related to the program “Horizon 2020” in Belgium.
- Kumral E., Appolloni A., Muge M. and Ozeren E. (2014) Knowledge Management Practices and Related Benefits in Turkish Manufacturing Firms. International Journal of Intelligent Enterprise, Vol. 2, Nos 2/3, pp.165-195. Inderscience, UK. DOI: 10.1504/IJIE.2014.066677
- Rizzi F., Frey M., Testa F. and Appolloni A. (2014). Environmental value chain in green SME networks: the threat of the Abilene paradox. Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 85, pp. 265-275. Elsevier, USA. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.09.001
- Appolloni A., Sun H. Fu J. and Li X. (2014). Green Procurement in the Private Sector: A State of the Art Review between 1996 and 2013. Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 85, pp. Elsevier, USA. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.08.106
- Appolloni A., Risso M. and Tao Z. (2013) Collaborative approach for sustainable auditing of global supply chains. Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management (symphonya.unimib.it), No. 2, pp. 19-31. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4468/2013.2.02appolloni.risso.zhang
- Appolloni A. and Puri M. (2013) From comparative advantages to competitive advantages: Biofuel strategies for Sustainable development, Political Economics Review, No.3, pp. 263-282. Rome Italy
Events & Presentations
Research Programs & Project
- Call for papers: Role of Third- and Fourth-Party Logistics Providers to Support Sustainable Development Goals in Developing Countries Guest Editors: Prof. Andrea Appolloni, Assoc. Prof. K. Mathiyazhagan, Assist. Prof. Vernika Agarwal
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 1 March 2021