SCANDIZZO Pasquale Lucio
Fellow - Past CEIS Director
Affiliation: University of Tor Vergata
Other Affiliation: World Bank
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 72595601+39 06 72595601 - Fax: +39 06 2020687
Web page: www.economia.uniroma2.it/scandizzo
Research Interests: Economic development, real option theory, CGE modeling, resource and environmental economics, cultural economics.
Pasquale L. Scandizzo holds a Ph.D. in Agriculture and Resource Economics from the University of California, Berkeley and has widely published on a variety of topics of theoretical and applied research concerning economic development, real option theory, and the evaluation of risk and uncertainty. He is presently Professor of Economic Policy and Member of the Board of Fondazione CEIS Economia at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Member of the Governing Council of ISTAT, Economic Policy Consultant for the World Bank and Managing Director , Real Options International, Washington D.C. . Formerly Director of CEIS, he has been a Senior Economist with the World Bank, President of the Italian Institute for Economic Planning, Member of the National Planning Board, Senior Adviser of the Parliamentary Budget Committee, and President of the Foundation of the Salerno Saving Bank . With a wide experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating major investment projects funded by national and international organizations, he is an expert in planning, project evaluation and private sector financing with extensive international advisory experience (World Bank, FAO, IDB, UNIDO, and several country governments and NGO’s).
- Dicembrino, C. and Scandizzo, P.L. (2012) “The Deterministic and Speculative Component of the Oil Spot Price: A Real Option Value Approach”, The Journal of Energy Markets.
- Scandizzo, P.L. and Knudsen, O.(2010), “Risk and Regulation Compliance with Tradable Permits under Dynamic Uncertainty”, European Journal of Law and Economics (published on line, 27 February 2010) .
- Scandizzo, P.L. and Ventura, M. (2010), “Sharing Risks through Concession Contracts”. European Journal of Operation Research, Vol.207, Issue 1, 16 November 2010, Pages 363-370.
- Scandizzo, P. L. and Savastano, S. (2009). "Optimal Farm Size under an Uncertain Land Markets: the Case of Kyrgyz Republic," Agricultural Economics .
- Knudsen, O. and Scandizzo, P.L. “Bringing Social Standards in Project Evaluation under Dynamic Uncertainty”, Risk Analysis,Vol.25, issue 2, pp.457-466,. 2005.
Events & Presentations
- World Bank Climate Change Forum: Adaptation to Climate Change and Real Options: a case study in Campeche
- ICABR 2013: Food security and price changes in rural Ethiopia
Villa Mondragone seminar, 2013: Organizer and Chairman of the session on green growth and happiness
- IASSA- OECD meeting 2013, Paris : Satisfaction with life among small farm producers in rural Ethiopia
Research Programs & Projects
- Evaluation of new , models of tourism , biodiversity conservation and adaptation strategies to climate change in Tanzania, a CGE approach. (a World Bank study)
- Evaluation of new models of tourism , biodiversity conservation and adaptation strategies to climate change in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico, real options and CGE (a World Bank study)
- Integrated Urban Water Study for Baku, Azerbaijan (World Bank)
- CGE modeling of the economy and the energy sectors (CEIS- ENEA)
- Modeling the Internet economy (CEIS)