Affiliation: Department of Economics and Finance (DEF) - University of Tor Vergata
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 7259 5913
Research Interests: Bayesian Biostatistics, Spatially correlated data, Cancer Epidemiology.
Current position since December 2010: Associate Professor of Statistics, Facoltà Economia, Università degli Studi di Roma II, “Tor Vergata” , Rome, Italy.
November 2004- December 2010: Assistant Professor of Statistics, Facoltà Economia, Università degli Studi di Roma II, “Tor Vergata” , Rome, Italy.
October 2000- October 2005 Assistant Professor of Statistics, Università “Luigi Bocconi,”, Milan, Italy.
September 1999- August 2001 Postdoctoral Associate at Biostatistics Department of Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Ma, US.
January 1996- September 1999: Biostatistics research assistant at European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy.
Ph.D. in Methodological Statistics, (Dottorato di Ricerca in Statistica) July 1997, Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy. Thesis advisor: Professor Consonni. Dissertation title: ”Partitioning models for survival analysis, through a Bayesian nonparametric approach”.
Laurea in Mathematics, November 1992, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy, (marks: 109/110), discussing a thesis about Statistics, entitled "Estimation of parameters of particular models used in time series analysis". Thesis Advisor: Professor Regazzini. She worked for her thesis at the Department of Statistics at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, Great Britain; her stage there was supported by Erasmus program 1991/1992 for European Students.
- Moscatelli, M. Mezzetti and F. Lacquaniti " Modelling Psychophysical Data at the Population-Level: The Generalized Linear Mixed ",Journal of Vision 12,26,1-17 (2012)
- M. Mezzetti. Bayesian factor analysis for spatially correlated data: application to cancer incidence data in Scotland. Statistical Methods & Applications. 21:49–74 (2012)
- L. Ngo, L. M. Ryan, M. Mezzetti, F. Y. Bois and T.-J. Smith. Estimating metabolic rate for butadiene at steady state using a Bayesian physiologically-based pharmacokinetic model. Environmental and Ecological Statistics 18, 1, 131-146 (2011)
- C. Valim, M. Mezzetti, J. Maquire, M. Urdaneta, D. Wypij. Estimation of vaccine efficacy in a repeated measures study under heterogeneity of exposure or susceptibility to infection . Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society A (Math Phys Eng Sci) 366, 2347-2360 (2008)
- M.Mezzetti, P.Muliere and P.Bulla. An application of reinforced urn processes to determining maximum tolerated dose. Statistics & Probability Letters, 77, 740-747 (2007)
Events & Presentations
Research Programs & Projects