Affiliation: Department of Economics and Finance (DEF) - University of Tor Vergata
Other Affiliation: CEIS
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 7259 5649
Research Interests: Growth Economics, Applied Statistics, Finite Mixture and Hidden Markov Models, Multivariate Analysis, Economics of Drugs Abuse, Energy Economics.
Giovanni Trovato graduated from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, receiving a PhD in Economics at Univeristy of St. Gallen (CH).
Actually he is associated professor (full time) in Economics at University of Rome "Tor Vergata" where he teaches International Economics for Undergraduate Courses and Applied Econometrics for Economic Growth in PhD courses. His employment experience included several consultant experiences for National and International Institutions and firms.
His special fields of interest include econometrics, economic growth and finance.
He has several publications in top international journal (among others: Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Journal of Applied Econometrics, Econometrics Journal, Small Business Economics, Macroeconomics Dynamic.
- C. Giordano, G. Piga and G. Trovato “Cartelization, wage policies and the Great Depression in Italy: searching for evidence of a link, forthcoming in “Macroeconomic Dynamics”
- L. Becchetti, M.A. Garcia and G. Trovato: (2011) “Credit rationing and credit view: empirical evidence from an ethical bank in Italy “, Journal of Money Credit and Banking, 6, 1217–1245
- M. Alfò, A. Maruotti, G. Trovato (2011): "A finite mixture model for multivariate counts under endogenous selectivity", Statistics and Computing, 2, 185-202, DOI: 10.1007/s11222-009-9159-2
- Alfò, M., Trovato G. and R.J. Waldmann. (2008) Testing for country heterogeneity in growth models using a finite mixture approach, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 23, 487-514
- M. Alfò. G. Trovato (2004): Semiparametric mixture models for multivariate count data, with application, The Econometrics Journal, 7,426-454
Events & Presentations
Research Programs & Projects
- Coordinator of the local units for the definition of drug abuse measurements and for a theoretic and applied model for the study of the demand drug determinants. Web site www.drugpolicyevaluation.eu/web/login
- Definition and application of statistical model for the integration between the Italian energetic accountability model (MARKAL-it model from ENEA) and the Social Accountability Matrix (SAM) employed for the energy demand forecasts