Affiliation: University of Tor Vergata
Other Affiliation: Astaldi S.p.a.
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 41766279
Research Interests: Compliance, GRC – Governance Risk & Control, Internal Control Framework, Corporate Criminal Liability (231 Decree), with focus on health and safety related matters. Finance and Governance of listed companies operating in infrastructure sectors, with focus on project financing and general contracting
University Degree in Economics at University of Naples, Master of Business Administration at SDA BOCCONI. Fabio has several years of professional experience in leading public companies, mainly operating into the manufacturing sector, and his main duties and areas of responsibilities have been governance, compliance, audit and finance. Since 2009, has been appointed as Head of Internal Audit of the Italian listed company Astaldi S.p.A. He is presently Contract Professor at the University of Rome Tor Vergata within the course of Business Groups Economics – Internal Control System of Business Groups / Holdings (2014/2015), Lecturer at the Master Course in Compliance Management on Internal Control Framework in Public and not Public Companies, organized by Luiss Business School in Rome (2014/2015), Lecturer at the Master Course in Governance, Internal Control Framework & Auditing, organized by Economics Department of the University of Roma Tre (2014/2015). Previously, Fabio was Lecturer at the Master Course in Project Financing and General Contracting, organized by Economics Department of the Tor Vergata University of Rome (2008/2009 and 2009/2010), Promoter and Lecturer at the Advanced Course on risk assessment evaluations applied to project finance operations, Organized by Faculty of Economics, University of Rome Tor Vergata (2006)
- Accardi F. and Mincato N. (2015). Suitability and effectiveness of Model 231 for health and safety matters: the judgment of Corte di Appello di Brescia – 23 june 2014. Rivista 231 (Responsabilità Amministrativa degli Enti).
- Accardi F. and Rosato R. (2014). Saving money is not a bargain - The Cost of Non Compliance. Internal Audit Review - Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Internal Control, n. 82
- Accardi F. (2014). Auditing on HSE management system and implementation of 231 internal control standard. Personal section of the research sponsored by the University La Sapienza (AAVV collection coordinated by Prof Stile - Prof Fiorella - Prof Mongillo).
- Accardi F. (2011). The relevance of communication: Coordination, synergies and information flows across the Supervisory Body, the Internal Control and the Assurance Departments: a framework for the analysis. Internal Audit Review - Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Internal Control, n. 69
- Accardi F. (2006). Risk Management and Communication. General and Specific Considerations on Project Finance Operations. Law and Economy of Communication Media, ed. Liguori
Events & Presentations
- 2014. Chairman of the Conference on Compliance to D.Lgs.231/01: The role of the corporate culture and training, organized by CEIS - Centre for Economic and International Studies of the University of Rome Tor Vergata
- 2013. Chairman and Speaker at the Conference on Internal Audit & GRC, organized by Global Networking Strategies
o 2011. Speaker at the Conference on The Italian Decree 231/2001, 10 years after its release: is it a successful balance?, organized by AIIA (Italian Association of Internal Auditors) and Orrick & Partners Law Firm
- 2009. Speaker at the conference on Actual and future perspectives of the Project Financing in Italy - Risk Management Panel for complex projects, Economics Department - Tor Vergata University of Rome
- 2009. Speaker at the Global Risk Forum 2009 organized by the Business International- Economist Conferences
- 2008 Speaker at the Innovation and Infrastructures Conference – An opportunity for growth for firms - organized by Business International –Economist Conferences
- 2007 – 2008. Coordinator of the round table discussion on the current status and prospects of Project Finance in Italy at the XVI International Tor Vergata Conference on Banking and Finance (dec 2007)
Research Programs & Projects
- Fabio is a follower of several professional communities and programs, including: Legality and 231 promoted by Confindustria; LEARNICO project promoted by Center for International Studies (CEIS) of Rome Tor Vergata. During 2010 – 2011 he was CEO of an university start up operating in the field of cryptography (CRYPT AL-RM)