Affiliation: University of Milan, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods (DEMM)
Other Affiliation: Rimini Center for Economic Analysis (RCEA); CICSE (University of Pisa); FinGro Lab – DEMM, University of Milan
Address: via Conservatorio, 7 - Milan, Italy
Telephone: +39 02 50321463
Fax: +39 02 50321505
Research Interests: Economic growth and mark-ups, ‘Dilution effects’ in economic growth models with exogenous and endogenous fertility choices, R&D and innovation–based economic growth, Culture in models of economic growth (one and two-sectors growth models), Government expenditure, public capital, private capital, and economic growth, Returns to specialization, population, and product market competition in endogenous R&D–based economic growth models, Finance and Economic Growth, Health, Human Capital, and Economic Growth, Monopolistic Competition (static and dynamic) models, Spatial economic growth models.
In 2002 I got a Ph.D. in Economics at 'Université catholique de Louvain' (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium), under the supervision of Professor Raouf Boucekkine. I taught/teach different economic courses in different universities (Ancona, Turin, York, Louvain-la-Neuve, Milan, Pavia), and at different levels (bachelor, master, PhD.). My main research interest is on the theory of economic growth and its application to different fields.
- Population Growth in a Model of Economic Growth with Human Capital Accumulation and Horizontal R&D. Journal of Macroeconomics, 30(3), 2008, pp. 1124-47
- Transitional Dynamics in the Solow-Swan Model with AK Technology and Logistic Population Change (joint with L. Guerrini). The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol. 1, Issue 1, Article 43 (Topics), 2009.
- Returns to Specialization, Competition, Population, and Growth. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 37(10), October 2013, pp. 2023-2040
- Non-Monotonicity of Fertility in Human Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth (joint with S. Boikos and T. Stengos). Journal of Macroeconomics, 38 (Part A), December 2013, pp. 44-59
- Product Proliferation, Population, and Economic Growth. Journal of Human Capital, 9(2), Summer 2015, pp. 170-197
- On the (Non-Monotonic) Relation between Economic Growth and Finance (joint with S. Marsiglio, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, University of Wollongong, Australia, and C. Prettner, Dept. of Economics, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria). Macroeconomic Dynamics, 2018 (forthcoming)
Events & Presentations
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the “First Milan Workshop on Dynamics, Optimal Growth and Population Change: Theory and Applications” (Milan, 18th and 19th September 2008). Scientific Committee: Noël Bonneuil (Ined-Ehess, France); Raouf Boucekkine (Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium); Alberto Bucci (University of Milan, Italy); Christian Ghiglino (University of Essex, UK); Natali Hritonenko (Prairie View A&M University, USA); Cuong Le Van (Université Paris 1, France); Kazuo Nishimura (Kyoto University, Japan); Vladimir Veliov (Vienna University of Technology, Austria); Yuri Yatsenko (Houston Baptist University, USA)
- Member of the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the annual meeting of the DEGIT (Dynamics, Economic Growth and International Trade) Conference, Milan, September 13-14, 2012. Other members of the Scientific Committee include: E. Gundlach (GIGA and Hamburg University, Germany), B. Jensen (University of Southern Denmark, Denmark), T. Palokangas (HECER and University of Helsinki, Finland; IIASA, Austria).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Conference on Structural Change, Dynamics, and Economic Growth, Livorno (Italy), September 12-14, 2013. Other members of the Scientific Committee include: C. Azariadis (Washington University in Saint Louis), R. Boucekkine (Aix-Marseille School of Economics), R. Ngai (London School of Economics), N. Salvadori (University of Pisa)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Conference on “Finance and Economic Growth in the Aftermath of the Crisis”, Milan (Italy), 11-13 September, 2017. Scientific Committee: Costas Azariadis (Washington University, St. Louis, USA); Alberto Bucci (University of Milan, Italy); Guido Cozzi (University of St. Gallen, Switzerland); Herbert Dawid (University of Bielefeld, Germany); Domenico Delli Gatti (University of the Sacred Hearth, Milan, Italy); Mauro Gallegati (Polytechnic University of Marche); Stefano Neri (Bank of Italy); Alberto Russo (Polytechnic University of Marche)
Research Programs & Projects
- ARC Project on: "Growth and Incentive Design" Université catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium) Département des Sciences Economiques 08/1999 - 12/2002
- "Income Distribution and Economic Growth" (PRIN) 12/2002 - 12/2004
- "Structural Change, Dynamics and Economic Growth" (PRIN) 10/2011 - 10/2013