Affiliation: Department of Economics and Finance (DEF) - University of Tor Vergata
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 7259 5627
Web page: www.econometrics.it
Research Interests: Microeconometrics
Federico joined the Centre for Economic and International Studies in 2009. He was educated at â€œTor Vergataâ€ University where he received a BA and MSc in Economics (2005) and a PhD in Econometrics (2011). His research focuses on Microeconometrics methods, with applications in Health Economics and Efficiency Analysis. He taught graduate courses in Statistical Computing and served as teaching assistant in Econometrics at LUISS Guido Carli University. Federico has been awarded from the Italian Statistical Society with the prize for the best Italian PhD thesis on Applied Statistics (2012) and with the best â€œyoung researcherâ€ paper award at the twelth European Workshop on Efficiency and Productivity Analysis (EWEPA) for his work on Stochastic Frontier Models (2011). Prior to joining the CEIS, Federico was a researcher at the Italian National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT). He has also been a visiting researcher at the City University of New York (Hunter College, Department of Economics).
The 5 most recent Publications
- Belotti, F., Daidone, S., Ilardi, G., Atella, V. (2013). Stochastic frontier analysis using Stata. Stata Journal. (forthcoming).
- Belotti, F. and Ilardi, G. (2012). Consistent estimation of the true fixed-effects stochastic frontier model. CEIS Research Papers, 231, Tor Vergata University.
- Atella, V., Belotti, F., Depalo, D. (2011). Disentangling true determinants of drug therapy effectiveness: a double fixed-effects approach. CEIS Research Paper, 186, Tor Vergata University.
- Belotti, F. and Depalo, D. (2010). Translation from narrative text to standard codes variables with Stata. Stata Journal, 10(3): 458-481.
- Arduini, D., Belotti, F.,Denni, M., Giungato, G., Zanfei, A. (2010). Technology adoption and innovation in public services the case of e-government in Italy. Information Economics and Policy, 22(3): 257-275.
Events & Presentations
The 5 most recent Events & Presentations
- January 2013, Fifth Italian Congress of Econometrics and Empirical Economics, Genova, IT.
- October 2012, Annual Health Econometrics Workshop, New York, NY.
- March 2012, Seminar, Department of Statistical Science, University of Padua, IT.
- July 2011, European Workshop on Efficiency and Productivity Analysis, Verona, IT.
- October 2010, Annual Health Econometrics Workshop, Detroit, MI.
Research Programs & Projects
- A dynamic microsimulation model of the Italian Health System (2013 -).
- Productivity of the Italian Health System (2010 -).
- Epidemiological and economic analysis of dyslipidemia and type II diabetes mellitus (2008 - 2010).
- Data collection and analysis on ICT adoption and use in enterprises (2007 - 2008).
- ICT expenditures and investment in local governments (2006 - 2007).
- The Diffusion of ICT in the Italian Public Sector (2006).